Applying for the Skoll Scholarship
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
1. Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
2. Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1-3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2017-18 academic year. All the information about the programme and relevant deadlines can be found here.
3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
7. That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join a Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee. If you are successful after your skype interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage; and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
Important things to note
- We cannot consider candidates who have not been accepted by the Saïd Business School for the MBA.
- We typically award up to five Scholarships per year.
- Please note, should your application be successful, a deposit is required in order to secure your place on the MBA programme. (For the 2017-18 academic year, the deposit is £7,300) Students will be responsible for meeting this financial guarantee via their own means. In exceptional cases, the Scholarship Committee may consider requests for full Scholarship coverage including the deposit.
- Please do not request the Skoll Scholarship application from the admissions team – you will receive it from the Skoll Centre following your acceptance to the MBA programme.
- If you have further questions about the application process, please check our FAQs. If you still have questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help.
Candidates must apply to the Oxford MBA programme during specific stages of the School’s application rounds to be considered for the Skoll Scholarship.
Timelines for the 2017-18 academic year are as follows:
Waiving the admissions fee
The Skoll Centre wants to provide educational opportunities to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, including those from developing countries or marginalised communities, or those who are putting their time into a social venture at significant personal cost. If you are unsalaried or have an income which may preclude you from applying to study on the MBA programme because you cannot afford the admissions fee, we reserve the right to waive your fee. This is done on a discretionary basis and is non-negotiable.
If you would like to apply for a waiver, you should be confident you meet the requirements for the MBA and the Skoll Scholarship, then send us your CV and a covering letter explaining your financial circumstances.