Applying for the Skoll Scholarship
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship follow these steps:
- Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the Oxford MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2021-22 academic year. See details below on applying for an MBA admissions fee waiver.
- Upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA programme or not.
- If you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the second part of the Scholarship application, which is a Logistics and Reference Form. See timelines below to know when to expect this email.
- Complete the Logistics and Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions about you, how you heard about the Scholarship, your references, etc. Please note, your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final stages of the selection process.
That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly.
What comes next?
- If your written applications are successful, you’ll be invited to join a virtual interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
- If you are successful after your virtual interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage; and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
We encourage you to apply to the MBA as early as possible. If you have applied during stage 3, but the decision on your MBA application has been pushed back by the School’s Admissions Team you will need to let us know if you still want to be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship. We will decide on a case by case basis if you are eligible to continue with the Scholarship application process.
Important things to note
- We cannot consider candidates who have not submitted their Scholarship essays, been accepted by Saïd Business School for the MBA and completed the Logistics and Reference Form by the appropriate deadlines.
- We typically award up to four scholarships per year.
- Please note, should your MBA application be successful, a deposit is required in order to secure your place on the MBA programme. However, deposit deadlines will be extended to those who advance throughout the Skoll Scholarship selection process. This will be coordinated with the Admissions Team.
- Please do not request the Logistics and Reference Form from the Admissions Team – you will need to complete the Scholarship essays as part of your MBA application and you will receive the Logistics and Reference Form from the Skoll Centre via email following your acceptance to the MBA programme on the date listed below.
- If you have further questions about the application process, please check our FAQs. If you still have questions, you can contact us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help.
Candidates must apply to the Oxford MBA programme during specific stages of the School’s application rounds to be considered for the Skoll Scholarship. Timelines for the 2021-22 academic year are as follows (please note exact dates are to be confirmed and subject to change):
Apply for the Oxford Saïd MBA during stages 1, 2 or 3 (including submitting your Skoll Scholarship essays)
|Apply by 8 January 2021 (at the latest)
|MBA final decision from Oxford Saïd
|Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference Form sent to accepted candidates
|Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference Form submission deadline
||Early April 2021
|First stage interviews (virtual)
||End April/Early May 2021
|Final stage interviews (virtual)
|Skoll Scholarship final decision
Waiving the MBA admissions fee
The Skoll Centre wants to provide educational opportunities to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, including those from developing countries, marginalised communities, or those who are putting their time into a social venture/career at significant personal cost. The Centre has a limited number of admissions fee waivers we are able to grant each academic year. If you are unsalaried or have an income which may preclude you from applying to study on the MBA programme because you cannot afford the admissions fee, you can apply for a fee waiver from the Centre. Each application is assessed on a case-by-case basis and is non-negotiable. If you would like to apply for a waiver, you should be confident you meet the requirements for the MBA and the Skoll Scholarship.
To apply for an admissions fee waiver, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply for the fee waiver before submitting your MBA application
The CV should be no longer than two pages and the covering letter should:
- explain your financial circumstances and why you cannot afford the fee and;
- explain why your work in the social impact space (and its resulting outcomes/impact) makes you a strong candidate for the Skoll Scholarship.
Find out if you're eligible for the Skoll Scholarship